You’re never too young to start earning money. There are lots of kids who become self-made millionaires till they become 18 years old.
You can also start your first job at the age of 12 years old, and These jobs will let you build your skills and experience.
They help bring in some extra money now and provide valuable experience for the future, So we are here to tell you, Best Jobs for 12 years old that Pay!
Jobs for 12 years old that Pay
Although there are many 12-year-old jobs that pay well, most of them require experience and knowledge, That is why I have chosen the easiest and Best Jobs for 12 years old that Pay!
1. Yard Jobs
Yard work is a great way to make money; At this age, you are capable of doing yard work or gardening; some people have lawns that need to be cut. Some people have bushes that need to be trimmed. Some people have weeds that need to be pulled.
You can mow lawns, trim bushes, and pull weeds if you enjoy working with your hands. So you can offer help to your parents and your neighbors and earn extra money.
You can do lots of different tasks like raking leaves or cleaning gutters. You might even get to build a treehouse! If you have your own garden, mowing the lawn is also a good-paying job for a 12-year-old.
- GED or high school diploma.
- Yard work experience is preferred.
- Agronomy and Horticulture knowledge.
- It is an advantage if you have experience operating mechanical landscaping equipment.
- An understanding of irrigation systems.
- Pesticides and fertilizers knowledge.
- Adaptability to harsh weather conditions.
- Fit and capable of lifting heavy objects.
- Ability to visualize and be creative.
Many people don’t have time to garden or don’t know how to garden, so they pay someone else to do it for them.
You can make money by gardening for people who can’t do it themselves. You will plant trees, flowers, vegetables, and bushes. You will also do other things like weeding and pruning.
2. Walking dogs
Depending on how much you enjoy dogs, you can do this part-time or full-time. For a walking half-hour, you can earn up to $100. Imagine how much money you could make by spending two to three hours daily.
You will need to be able to handle people who complain about the animals. You must be able to handle the animals.
If you’re good with animals, you could walk other people’s dogs while they’re at work. Or you could offer to feed pets while their owners are on vacation.
- You should have a high school diploma or GED.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- A good driving record is required.
- Dog-handling experience is preferred.
- Positive reinforcement training experience is preferred.
- Good knowledge of dog behavior.
- Availability during peak times for walking dogs.
- The ability to walk for long periods.
- Patient, punctual, and reliable.
- Trustworthy and responsible.
Know where to walk your dog and how to do it properly. If you let the dog run freely, he/she will get lost or run into traffic!
Customer service should be polite and responsible. Answer their questions honestly and respectfully if they have questions about their pet’s behavior.
Tutoring is the best way to help other kids learn. You can tutor many subjects, like math, science, history and more. It’s also an excellent way to earn some extra cash.
You could be a tutor by helping with homework or giving one-on-one lessons at home or online. The best part is that you don’t need any experience in teaching. Just your knowledge and enthusiasm will do!
You can help other people in school subjects, like math and science, or you can help other kids with other areas of study, like teaching piano lessons or helping a friend get better at baseball.
- High school graduate
- Training & Education for Complete Tutoring
- Join a tutoring organization
- Become a certified tutor
- Advertise your services, set rates, and get licensed
4. Cleaning houses
Cleaning houses is the most essential and beneficial job that you can do. You can help your parents and neighbors keep their homes clean while getting payments and experiences.
You can work as a cleaner or caretaker responsible for keeping offices, homes, hotels, or other public areas neat and organized. Their primary duties include sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors, dusting countertops, ceilings, and furniture, and sanitizing bathrooms, kitchens, or other public areas.
- Diplomas or GEDs are preferred.
- Extensive experience cleaning houses.
- Cleaning supplies and techniques should be well-understood.
- Following instructions is the ability to do so.
- Long-term standing ability.
- Adaptability to changes in schedules.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Punctual and dependable.
5. Cars Washing
You can also earn money by washing cars. Depending on where you work, you can earn $20 to $100 per hour.
How do you get this job? If you live in an area where there are a lot of streets, start by asking permission from the homeowner before setting up your business. It is also good practice not to set up near street corners or intersections; people might wonder what you are doing there!
Next comes pricing: make sure you charge at least $5 per car. If it takes longer than 10 minutes, make sure to set 50 cents more for each minute.
Make sure you write your prices on your sign, so customers know exactly how much they need to pay when leaving their cars with you.
you need some tools like:
- Washing systems, such as a conveyor tunnel or self-service wands.
- Chemicals, such as cleaning and spot-free solutions.
- Water system.
A babysitter helps to take care of children while their parents are away. They perform tasks like feeding, bathing, and playing with the kids. In some cases, they may also do light housekeeping or cleaning as well.
As a Babysitter, payments for this job can vary depending on what type of child care you offer and where you work. It’s usually around $10-$15 an hour.
For example, if you’re looking for work through an agency, it may be closer to $13-$15 an hour, while working at a daycare center or preschool could pay closer to $11-$12 per hour.
Before you take a babysitting job, make sure you can take care of small children. Try to gain some previous experience, such as taking care of younger siblings, is excellent training.
The skills that are needed for this job vary depending on where you want to work and how much experience you have with kids overall. Some basic skills you’ll need include:
- good communication skills,
- and organization skills.
7. House Caretaker:
Many people go for a picnic or vacation for a whole day and want someone who can take care of their house. You can help them while sitting at home and earn up to $100 daily. You can even get money for just picking up calls,
There are some standard requirements that you must have before being a house caretaker:
- Have a good personality in front of your neighbors.
- Helping nature and can do home stuff.
- Must-Know standard safety measures. You can ask your neighbors and inform them that you can look after their homes when they are on vacation.
These are the jobs for 11-12 year olds that pay well!
Why Should you work for 12 years old?
Getting Jobs for 12 years old that Pay can be difficult. However, it can be an enjoyable experience. Working for another person or starting your own business will teach you responsibility.
Additionally, you might learn business and communication skills that will help you in the future. Here are some benefits of working as 12-year-olds:
- You can earn some income for spending or saving.
- You may feel empowered by contributing to your family or neighborhood.
- You can learn skills that will help you meet deadlines and manage obligations.
- You might learn good communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- This allows you to interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- You may be able to help them gain confidence and independence.
- A resume can help them get a new job if you list your experience.
- Creating a professional network can help you find employment later.
What should you do to increase your money?
To increase your money, you have to invest your money wisely. Let’s us think you have made $100 in a week, so you can read our article on How to invest $100 per Month wisely? to start your successful investing journey.
As a 12-year-olds, it’s good to think about what kind of job you would like to have someday. If you have a job, you can earn extra money.
You can save up money for things you’d like to buy. You can learn responsibility, and you can learn new skills, So these are the Best Jobs for 12 years old that Pay! you can choose multiple jobs to make plenty of money.